The Cormologist

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Post numero uno

Well hello - the first time I am choosing to post something on this blog. This will hopefully serve as a little bit of comfort for people who are keen to hear about my little trip to Afghanistan and on to Europe but I guess might serve as a little note of things that catch my interest more generally. On Thursday I am off on a little adventure - first to Dubai - and then on to Kabul.

The question most people ask is "why the hell do you want to go there?" and let's face it - it's a fair question. I'm not completely sure. I've traveled a lot in the past and I'm not nervous about going, although the situation seems to be getting consistently worse over the 9 months since I began planning my trip. I'd like to show the few Afghans that I actually meet that not all Aussies are SAS soldiers, Aussies are people too. Though I am planning to take some cricket balls and bats for Afghan kids - and a video camera that my friends will inevitably shy away from , but that I may post some stuff on youtube.

Oh and on Friday I went to the Hill Top Hoods at festival hall - the largest Aussie hip hop gig ever. If you don't know 'em - as Molly used to say - do yourself a favour and check 'em out. http://www.hilltophoods.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home