The Cormologist

Monday, October 16, 2006

Mr Inconvenience sells out in Melbourne

I just spent an hour this morning trying to get tickets to Al Gore's talk at Hamer Hall in November. (Well actually I didn't my friend did, but I did ask her to book me a couple of tickets) Sure it was free but the lines were blocked up and now its a sell out. I heard a rumour that he is doing another show. If not there is always the film, again.
Last time I saw the film was on the plane home. Which was slightly ironic because the emissions of aircraft at altitude have a worse greenhouse effect than carbon emitted at sea level. So I will have to buy some carbon offsets for the 10 tonnes of C02 emissions that is estimated came from my trip to Afghanistan and Europe. Luckily I now sell these carbon offsets - so for $100 I can offset my trip with the equivalent amount of carbon from our Landfill gas plant at Weribee. We capture the methane and turn it into electricity. This serves another purposes, it also reduces some of the odours, as anyone who has ever driven windows down from Melbourne down the Geelong road to the coast will know are pretty bad.

But it seems that the Climate Change Train is about to leave the station, as some people would know - I've been on it for a while. But I think now most of the seats are taken - I wonder if our government will try to get on board at the last minute. 6 years of drought say they probably will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home