The Cormologist

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It has been forever..but I have an excuse


Over the past 9 months my life has undergone the biggest change imaginable. Our daughter Sophie Elizabeth was born on the Leap Day this year (Feb 29)and she is the most gorgeous little thing (but ofcourse I am biased). But she is a good sleeper, and feeder and loves people and playing - and even sings along when I croon some old Burt Bacharac (sic?) tunes.

What has also happened is my faith in the future has returned, when I talk about some future date in my work life like 60% emission reduction targets by 2050 - it doesn't just seem like some distant date - although it still is. But Sophie will be 42 (or 10 in Leap Years) and in the prime of her life at this time. So its more important than ever for us (me) to make the right decisions about the future. We shape it for our kids. That's why I'm now riding to work.

Here is a shot of the little angel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home